This website contains undeniable proof that the Jehovah's Witness religion is not from God and the 'WatchTower' is run by a bunch of biased, deceptive, and lying men. Please know, there are NO 'APOSTATE' MATERIALS posted here. All images and quotes are taken from the Watchtower's own publications and have already been read by millions of Jehovah's Witnesses. So there is no reason to disregard this information or run away in fear. We are told multiple times in the Bible not to be deceived by false teachers (eg. Colossians 2:8, 2 Timothy 3:13, 1 John 4:1, Matthew 7:21-23). So it is extremely important that you don't accept whatever some person, religion, or corporation says. If you think this website is false and you have the truth, prove it to yourself. Jehovah's Witnesses, take the challenge and prove it to yourself that you are not being deceived!Proof Jesus Is God Almighty
Jehovah's Witnesses believe that Jesus is not God, but rather the first creation of Jehovah God. Many JW's will admit to the diety of Jesus and say he is 'a God' or a 'separate God' or 'God-like', but not the same as Jehovah God. This contradicts many scriptures though! Just one example is at Isaiah 44:6-8 which clearly says there is only ONE God and there is none like him. They also teach that Jesus is a spirit creature called Michael the Archangel and that he was recreated after dying. This also contradicts many scriptures. The Watchtower will do everything possible to keep their members from knowing the truth. Whatever they can get away with, is what they will do. Fortunately, they were not able to completely hide the truth and it is quite easy to prove from their own New World Translation (NWT) that Jesus is in fact God Almighty. See the proof from their own 2013 NWT Bible below.
Hebrews 1:10-12 - Notice that these scriptures are clearly talking ABOUT JESUS. See verse 8 in case there is any doubt. There is a reference back to Psalms 102:25-27. Make sure to read Hebrews 1:10-12 entirely before proceeding in order to understand the point. What you will notice is that this is a new testament quotation from the old testament. After you have read Hebrews 1:10-12, look at the next image below to see what Psalms 102:25-27 actually says.
Psalms 102:25-27 - Here it is clearly talking ABOUT JEHOVAH. Even a JW must agree with this. What we have here is an old testament passage which is almost exactly the same word-for-word as Hebrews 1:10-12 which is about Jesus! So in Psalms it is referring to Jehovah, but in Hebrews it is referring to Jesus. Both passages have cross references pointing back to each other in the NWT. So the WatchTower even realizes and agrees that these 2 sets of scripture are related. Read the 2 passages of scripture carefully, and there is no denying that the NWT Bible proves Jesus is Jehovah.
Here is also a short list of scriptures proving Jesus is God. This is not a full list. All these come from the JW's own Bible.
- Deuteronomy 6:16
- While in the desert, the Israelites tested God.
Compare also Numbers 21:6
and Exodus 17:7.
We can see that JEHOVAH WAS TESTED AND SENT THE SERPENTS.
However, according to 1 Corinthians 10:9, JESUS WAS TESTED AND SENT THE SERPENTS.
Please refer to the 'WatchTower Is Deceptive!' section of this site for more supporting information.
The true meaning does in fact mean Jesus even though the NWT says Jehovah.
They translated the text incorrectly in order to hide that Jesus is Jehovah.
There are also biblical parallels that support this fact:
- The Israelites were in the desert for 40 years. Jesus was in the desert 40 days.
- The Israelites TESTED JEHOVAH in the desert. Satan TESTED JESUS in the desert. See Matthew 4:7 and Luke 4:12.
- The Israelites TESTED JEHOVAH by asking if Jehovah was in their midst or not. Satan TESTED JESUS the same way by asking him to prove he was the Son (God) even though Jesus was in his midst.
- Isaiah 9:6 - Jesus is called 'Mighty God' plain and simple. There is a big 'G' for God and not a little 'g'. A Jehovah's Witness may say in reply that Jesus is a separate big 'G' God other than Jehovah. Which contradicts scripture since there is only ONE God! So Jesus must be God without contradicting scripture. Even ignoring that, according to their own Bible, Jehovah is called the same term 'Mighty God' though. This can be found just one chapter later at Isaiah 10:21. So in Isaiah 9:6, JESUS IS MIGHTY GOD, but in Isaiah 10:21, JEHOVAH IS MIGHTY GOD. All this can mean only one thing, and that is, Jesus is Jehovah God.
- Isaiah 42:8 - Jehovah shares his glory with no one! This is confirmed in Isaiah 48:11. So it is perfectly clear that Jehovah shares his glory with no one. However, Jesus received God's glory. See John 17:5 where Jesus requested glorification from God and claimed he shared in God's glory before. Also, according to Revelation 5:12-13, the Lamb (Jesus) received glory and worship alongside God. Either the Bible is full with contradictions and lies or JW doctrine is clearly wrong and Jesus is Jehovah!
- Isaiah 44:6 - This verse is clearly talking ABOUT JEHOVAH. Jehovah is the 'first and the last' and there is no God but him. Compare this to the reference they have for Revelation 22:13. Here it is talking ABOUT JESUS and it says Jesus is the 'first and the last'. They even have a reference pointing back to Isaiah 44:6. So the Watchtower agrees that these 2 sets of scriptures are related. In Isaiah, the verse was about Jehovah, but in Revelation it is about Jesus! In case there is any doubt Revelation 22:13 is about Jesus, notice in verse 12 how it states Jesus is coming and in verse 20 it says "Come, Lord Jesus". The entire time it is talking about Jesus! Here once again, the NWT has linked Jehovah in the old testament to Jesus in the new testament, proving that Jesus is Jehovah God. Revelation 1:17-18 also uses the phrase 'first and the last' and the 'first and the last' became dead. Jehovah's Witnesses, when did Jehovah ever die? The 'first and the last' must be Jesus himself. And as Isaiah 44:6 in your own Bible proves, the 'first and the last' is Jehovah. Therefore, Jesus is Jehovah!
- Zechariah 11:12-13 - Thirty pieces of silver were weighed out in verse 12. In verse 13, Jehovah says that this is the price that he had been valued at. We all know that Judas betrayed Jesus for 30 pieces of silver. The Watchtower even recognizes the connection between these verses and Jesus because they have a cross reference pointing to the New Testament. So we see clearly that Jehovah was valued at this price and Jesus was valued at this price. Which can only mean that Jesus is Jehovah!
- Zechariah 14:3-4 - Jehovah will come and stand on the Mount of Olives. There is a cross reference to Acts 1:12. There it says Jesus is coming back to the Mount of Olives!
- Matthew 1:23 - Jesus is called 'Immanuel' which means 'With us is God'.
- Luke 1:15-17 - John the Baptizer came ahead of Jehovah to get the people prepared for him. Notice it doesn't say Jehovah's chief agent. Nor does it say anything else such as preparing for Jehovah 'by means of' his son. It is plainly talking ABOUT JEHOVAH himself! Any other meaning would require adding/changing text God's Word. Now, who did John say he was preparing the way for? Well, the answers can be found in John 1:15-27. John clearly is talking ABOUT JESUS.
- John 2:19-21 - Jesus told the Jews that if they destroyed this temple that HE would raise it again in 3 days. The ‘temple’ is then defined plainly as his BODY. So it is clear that JESUS RAISED HIS OWN BODY. This proves Jesus is God because the Bible says GOD RAISED JESUS. See Acts 2:24, Acts 2:32, Acts 3:15, Acts 3:26, Acts 4:10, Acts 5:30, Acts 10:40, Acts 13:30-37, Romans 4:24, Romans 6:4, Romans 10:9, 1 Corinthians 6:14, Galations 1:1, Ephesians 1:17-20, Colossians 2:12, and 1 Peter 1:21.
- John 5:18 - Everyone understood by his words that Jesus was making himself equal with God.
- John 10:30-33 - The Jews picked up stones to kill Jesus because of blasphemy for claiming to be God. The JWs have Jesus here as a little 'g' God, which makes Jesus claiming to be a false god. If he was claiming to be a false god, he would not be guilty of blasphemy. They wanted to kill him because of claiming to be the true God.
- John 12:41 - John says Isaiah saw Jesus' glory and spoke about him. The New World Translation has a cross reference pointing back to Isaiah 6:1,8. There Isaiah saw Jehovah and spoke about him. There is even a cross reference pointing to John 12:41. So the Watchtower agrees that these scriptures are related. In Isaiah, it is ABOUT JEHOVAH, but in John it is ABOUT JESUS. Which proves from the New World Translation that Jesus is Jehovah!
- John 14:8-9 - Philip still didn't get the point and said something Jesus considered silly. Jesus replied back proving he is God.
- John 14:14 - Jesus said we can pray to him in his own name.
IMPORTANT NOTE : They removed the word 'me' from this verse to try and hide the fact that we can pray to Jesus himself. You can prove to a JW that the word must be there from their own Kingdom Interlinear Translation though.
- John 20:28 - Thomas called Jesus 'God' with a big 'G'. A JW will say Thomas simply said this out of shock or some other lame excuse. Even if this were the case, Jesus never corrected the mistake. He actually confirmed that Thomas was correct.
- Acts 7:59 - Stephen prayed to Jesus. Only God can be prayed to.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The word here is translated in other verses as 'called on' or 'called out to'. For example, they properly translated the word in Acts 2:21, Acts 9:14, Acts 9:21, Acts 22:16, Romans 10:12-14, and 2 Tim. 2:22. The word can also mean 'appeal to', but they did not even render it this way! They intentionally used the phrase 'made this appeal' which is vague and hides who the appeal was made to. They are trying to hide the fact that Jesus was prayed to which would make him God. However, we know it means prayer because they admitted this in their 1950 version of Acts 7:59! Also, common sense tells us that it is a prayer since Jesus was nowhere near Stephen during his death and he said 'receive my spirit'. Nobody other than God himself could ever be prayed to and receive someone's spirit.
- 1 Timothy 3:16 - Jesus is God in the flesh.
Some manuscripts actually contain the word 'God' here.
The Watchtower chose not to render it this way for obvious reasons, but we still know it is referring to God here since he is the last subject in the context.
So JESUS IS GOD IN THE FLESH.
In case there are doubts, below is proof showing that the original Jehovah's Witnesses believed this too.
- Watchtower June 1880
- 1 John 1:5-7 - This verse clearly shows that GOD IS LIGHT. Notice that the 'him' being referred to here is God. This can be seen in verse 7 since it says "Jesus his Son'. So the 'him' and 'his' are clearly referring to God himself. Now, here is the point. The author says that this is the message that they heard from 'him' (God). So when did they receive this message and who gave them this message? The answer is in John's Gospel. According to John 1:9, JESUS IS THE TRUE LIGHT. Where did John here this from? The answer can be found in the same book at John 12:35-36. Jesus himself gave them this message that he is the light. In 1 John 1:5-7, it says God gave them this message, but in the book of John, Jesus himself gave them this message.
- Revelation 1:7-8 - Jesus is called the Alpha and Omega, Jehovah God, and the Almighty. We know it is Jesus because in verse 7 it says he was pierced. Jesus was the one that was pierced. A Jehovah's Witness will claim that the subject of the verses are jumping back and forth from Jesus to Jehovah. They like to over-complicate everything. For example, some of them will say that verse 5 is about Jesus, then verse 6 is about Jehovah, then verse 7 switches back to Jesus, and then verse 8 switches back to Jehovah again. This claim is false because verse 7 says "he is coming" which means the one who was pierced (Jesus) is coming. Then in verse 8 it says Jehovah is coming. So the text is about the same subject - Jesus who is Jehovah - the entire time. This can easily be proven by comparing to Revelation 22:13. Jesus identifies himself as the 'Alpha and Omega'. A JW cannot get out of this because the entire context around Revelation 22:13 is about Jesus! So God (Jesus) is the one who had shed blood, he was the one who was pierced, he is the one who is coming back, he is the Alpha and Omega, and he is the Almighty. Even the original Jehovah's Witnesses were taught that the 'Almighty' in Rev. 1:8 was Jesus himself. See the proof of this below.
Anyone who has talked to a Jehovah's Witness will probably know how fearful they are of looking at anything not published by the Watchtower. They will often repeat the same memorized phrases over and over about this. One of the reasons they often give is that other materials are so biased. Well, the Watchtower publications, including their New World Translation, are extremely biased. See proof directly from their own 2013 NWT Bible and also their 1969 Kingdom Interlinear Translation. Please note, this is just a drop in the bucket compared to everything that could be said about this topic. There are many other examples not mentioned here.
Isaiah 9:6 - Here it states a child and son that was born. Which is an obvious reference to Jesus Christ. Then it calls the child 'Mighty God' with a big 'G'. This is yet more proof that Jesus is God, but besides that, you will see an example of their biased Bible. Compare this verse to their reference at John 1:18 to see the point.
John 1:18 - Here the NWT calls Jesus as a little 'g' god.
So they go from a big 'G' in Isaiah 9:6 to a little 'g' to demote Jesus.
They demote Jesus like this since they teach that Jesus is not God Almighty.
So they try and make Jesus a separate, smaller or less powerful God.
After looking at their interlinear translation of John 1:18, we can see it is the exact same word rendered many other times elsewhere as a big 'G' God. For example, just a couple chapters later in the same book at John 3:2, we can see that they rendered the exact same word as 'God'. They pick and choose when to render this word correctly depending on whether it could be used to prove Jesus is God or not.
Even their old 1950 version of John 1:18 proves that it should be a big 'G' God. This footnote was conveniently removed in newer versions of their Bible.
John 8:58 - Their 1969 Kingdom Interlinear Translation proves that they changed the words of Jesus from saying "I am" to "I have been". It changes the complete thought of the verse and is a deception. The Jews knew exactly what he was saying (see Exodus. 3:14-15 in a real Bible). They understood he was claiming to be God and thought he was guilty of blasphemy. Stoning was the punishment due for someone guilty of blasphemy. This is why they picked up stones to kill him. Jehovah's Witnesses, why would the people have wanted to kill him simply because he said "I have been"? By the way, their 2013 Gray New World Translation does not have any notes about why they changed the 'I am' to 'I have been'. You would think that they would at least put a footnote in their Bible so the reader would have a better understanding of what happened. Appparently, they think it is more important to place a footnote on the same page that clarifies how "since he began" could also mean "from the beginning" when the verse is about Satan!
- John 14:14 : John 14:14 in their 1969 Kingdom Interlinear Translation proves they removed the word 'me'. If they had let the text unaltered, it would have said we can pray to Jesus himself in his name. They changed the text to fit their doctrine since they do not believe Jesus is God. Therefore, he should not be prayed to.
- Acts 20:28 : They inserted the word 'Son' into the text even though on the left side it is nowhere to be found. They inserted this word because they don't want anyone to know that God came in the flesh and purchased with his own blood. Their original 1950 Version of Acts 20:28 included the word 'Son' in brackets. Their current 2013 Version of Acts 20:28 has no brackets or footnotes at all!
1 Corinthians 10:9 :
They have committed deception multiple ways in connection with this verse.
- They render the word 'Kyrios' as Jehovah instead of 'Lord'. In their Interlinear translation, it shows the same word that they have translated numerous times as 'Lord' in regards to Jesus! They pick and choose when to translate this word correctly. The reason they have it here as Jehovah and not Lord is because someone could prove Jesus is Jehovah by comparing other scriptures. For example, they have a cross reference to Deuteronomy 6:16 and Numbers 21:6 which are about Jehovah. These scriptures are related with Exodus 17:7 which is also about Jehovah. So if they had translated correctly with Lord (Jesus) in 1 Corinthians 10:9, this would mean Jesus was the one who was tempted and sent the serpents. Which would mean Jesus is Jehovah God.
- They have a footnote pointing to Appendix A5 to support their translation. If you go there though, all it talks about is the divine name being restored in the new testament and supporting reasons for why they think the Tetragrammaton was in the original Greek text. There is no hard evidence, but only speculation. Assuming they are even correct, they say nothing about why they fail to translate 'Kyrios' as Jehovah every time! They explain it as if they diligently translated 'Kyrios' as Jehovah throughout the entire New Testament, which is far from the truth. For example, they say "It uses the name Jehovah a total of 237 times in the Christian Greek Scriptures". It is not until someone actually researches a little bit that they learn this word occurs in the New Testament more than 700 times though. They translate the word as Jehovah only a small fraction of the time. They translate the word differently depending on how convenient it is for them and whether or not it is in agreement with their false doctrine. Yet, at the end of Appendix A5 they said their translators "have a deep respect for the divine name and a healthy fear of removing anything that appeared in the original text". This is deceptive wording for 2 reasons. First, if they had a deep respect and healthy fear for the divine name, they would consistently translate 'Kyrios' as Jehovah each and every time. Secondly, they could never be guilty of 'removing' anything since all they provided was speculation and the Tetragrammaton actually does not appear in any of the New Testament manuscripts. Even if it had originally appeared, they would not be 'removing' anything since this was already done centuries ago. You cannot remove anything that has already been removed. They use wording like this throughout the Appendix A5 to portray to readers that they are honest and scholarly, but it is all deception once someone does the research.
- They also conveniently fail to mention that some manuscripts of 1 Corinthians 10:9 use the word 'Christos' (Christ) and not 'Kyrios' (Lord). Which means in other manuscripts more detail was provided by showing who the Lord is. Of course, the NWT has no mention to this in their footnotes or Appendix A5. They not only disregard other manuscripts which detail specifically that this is Christ, but they do not even translate the word as Lord.
- 2 Corinthians 13:5 : In their own Kingdom Interlinear Translation, on the right side it says "in union with you" but on the left side this is nowhere to be found. It only says "in you". They intentionally changed the thought completely. Saying "in union with you" is completely different than "in you". They dont believe Jesus can live inside anyone so this is why they intentionally made this change.
- 2 Peter 1:1 : In their own Kingdom Interlinear Translation, on the right side it shows they inserted the word 'the' in brackets and on the left side the word 'the' is not in the original text. In their 2013 version of 2 Peter 1:1, they have the word 'the' in the text with no brackets and no footnote explaining why it was added. The reason why they added it is because it makes it look as if their are two separate persons instead of one. If they had let the text unaltered, it would mean Jesus is our God and Savior.
These questions have been read by thousands of Jehovah's Witnesses, but not a single one of them has ever been answered! Jehovah's Witnesses, please do not be unfair and expect others to always answer your questions, but never do the same in return. Please do the research for yourself and reply back, so these questions can finally be answered and updated.
- How do you explain the direct correlation between Hebrews 1:10-12 and Psalms 102:25-27? They both say the same thing almost word-for-word and there are even cross references in your Bible linking them together. In Hebrews, it is about Jesus, but in Psalms it is about Jehovah.
- In your Bible, you have a section of John 8:58 translated as "I have been" when it should have been translated "I am". Why would the Jews have tried stoning him after he simply said "I have been"? Jesus had just got done saying that they were not from God and were also liars, but yet they didn't want to stone him. Why wasn't it until only after he said "I have been" did they want to stone him?
- According to Isaiah 9:6, Jesus is called 'Mighty God'. The Watchtower teaches that Jesus is rightly called 'Mighty God', but this doesn't mean he is 'Almighty God'. Since this is the case, how do you explain Jehovah being called 'Mighty God' just a single chapter later in Isaiah 10:21? Using consistent logic, wouldn't this mean that Jehovah is not Almighty God then?
- According to the Bible, Jesus is 'God' with a big 'G' (Isaiah 9:6, John 20:28, etc). The Watchtower teaches that Jesus is 'a God' or 'a separate God', but not God himself. Doesn't this directly contradict multiple scriptures such as Isaiah 44:6, Isaiah 44:8, Isaiah 45:21-22, and so on?
- Thomas called Jesus 'God' with a big 'G' at John 20:28. Jesus not only failed to correct Thomas, but he actually confirmed that Thomas was correct. How can this be, if Jesus is not God?
- When was Jehovah ever valued at 30 silver pieces as stated in Zechariah 11:12-13? And why does your Bible have a cross reference pointing to the New Testament which is about how Jesus was betrayed for 30 silver pieces?
- We are told many times in the Bible that God resurrected Jesus. See Acts 2:24, Acts 2:32, Acts 3:15, Acts 3:26, Acts 4:10, Acts 5:30, Acts 10:40, Acts 13:30-37, Romans 4:24, Romans 6:4, Romans 10:9, 1 Corinthians 6:14, Galations 1:1, Ephesians 1:17-20, Colossians 2:12, and 1 Peter 1:21. However, Jesus told the Jews that if they destroyed this temple that HE would raise it again in 3 days (John 2:19-21). The Bible clearly defines what Jesus meant by saying the ‘temple’ meant his BODY. So if Jesus raised his own body and the Bible clearly says that God raised Jesus, then who would Jesus be then? Also, what does this mean for your teachings that Jesus ceased to exist and needed recreated?
- According to John 12:41, John says Isaiah saw Jesus' glory and spoke about him. The New World Translation has a cross reference pointing back to Isaiah 6:1,8. There, Isaiah saw Jehovah and spoke about him. There is even a cross reference pointing to John 12:41. So the Watchtower agrees that these scriptures are related. How can both passages of scripture be true unless Jesus is Jehovah?
- How do you explain both Jehovah and Jesus being called by the same titles? For example, 'Lord of Lords', 'Savior', 'Mighty God', 'First and the Last', 'King of Israel', 'Rock', 'Light', 'Almighty', 'Alpha and Omega', and 'Shepherd'.
- In your Kingdom Interlinear Translation of John 14:14, it shows the word 'me' in the original text that is missing. A word for word literal translation would be something like, "if ever anything you should ask me in the name of me, this shall I do." So if translated correctly, it means we can pray to Jesus himself in his name. If we can pray to Jesus himself in his own name, who does that make Jesus?
- Stephen prayed to Jesus in Acts 7:59. Your translation diluted the meaning of the text for obvious reasons. However, we know it means prayer because the Watch Tower admitted this in their 1950 version of Acts 7:59. Also, common sense tells us that it is a prayer since Jesus was nowhere near Stephen during his death and he said 'receive my spirit'. If Jesus can be prayed to, who does this mean he is then?
- According to Revelation 5:13-14, 'the One' (God the Father) and the Lamb (Jesus) are both worshipped at the same time. The Bible is clear that only the one true God may be worshipped. How then can the Lamb (Jesus) be worshipped if he is not God?
- According to Revelation 1:7-8, Jesus is called the Alpha and Omega, Jehovah God, and the Almighty. We know it is Jesus because in verse 7 it says he was pierced. Jesus was the one that was pierced. Also, it says "he is coming" which means the one who was pierced (Jesus) is coming. Then in verse 8 it says Jehovah is coming. So the text is about the same subject (Jesus/Jehovah) who is coming. This can easily be proven by comparing to Revelation 22:13. Notice how the entire context around Revelation 22:13 is about Jesus. Jesus here identifies himself as the 'Alpha and Omega'. So how do you explain this? Are Jehovah and Jesus both coming and are both 'Alpha and Omega'?
- The Jews picked up stones to kill Jesus because of blasphemy (John 10:30-33). Who was Jesus claiming to be that caused such a reaction? If he was claiming to be a false little 'g' god, as the NWT renders it, how could he even be blaspheming?
- According to 1 Timothy 3:16, 'He' was made manifest in the flesh. By considering verse 15, we can see that God is the subject immediately prior to verse 16. So it would make sense that verse 16 is referring to God. The WatchTower has even admitted that this was referring to God who was made manifest in the flesh (eg. Watchtower July 1879, Watchtower June 1880. There are also other manuscripts that actually contain the word 'God' in verse 16. Therefore, do you agree that God was made manifest in the flesh? If so, who would this make Jesus Christ?
- According to Luke 1:15-17, John the Baptizer came ahead of Jehovah to get the people prepared for him. Even the prophecy about John the Baptizer in Isaiah confirms this. Why is it then that John himself said that he came to prepare the way for Jesus (John 1:15-27)?
- According to Revelation 22:6, Jehovah sent his angel. However, several verses later in the same chapter at Revelation 22:16, it says Jesus sent his angel. How can this be true unless Jesus is Jehovah?
- If Jehovah is a spirit who only lives in heaven and who cannot ever be seen, how is it possible for him to reside in Jerusalem later (Zechariah 2:10-11)?
- If Jehovah is a spirit who only lives in heaven and who cannot ever be seen, how is it possible for him to stand on the Mount of Olives later (Zechariah 14:3-4)?
- How do you explain the cross reference connecting Zechariah 14:3-4 which says Jehovah will come and stand on the Mount of Olives to Acts 1:12 which says Jesus is coming back to the Mount of Olives?
- If the Holy Spirit is only Jehovah's active force, why does the Holy Spirit speak and use the pronouns "I" and "me" about himself in places like Acts 13:2 and Hebrews 3:7-11?
- If the Holy Spirit is an impersonal active force, how can it be blasphemed (Matt. 12:31)? How can it be grieved (Eph. 4:30)? How can it have a will (1 Cor. 12:11)? How can it come to know something (1 Cor. 2:11)? How can it teach and cause someone to remember (John 14:26)? How can it tell someone what to do (Acts 8:29; 13:2)? How can it plead for us (Rom. 8:26)?
- The Watchtower claims that the Holy Spirit is like electricity and fire and therefore not alive. Since this is the case, shouldn't you also believe that Jehovah is not alive since he is also a Spirit (John 4:24, 2 Corinthians 3:17) and he is described as "a consuming fire" (Heb. 12:29)?
- In Acts 5:3-4, we can see that in verse 3 Ananias lied to the Holy Spirit and then in verse 4 Ananias lied to God. Ignoring the direct correlation between God and the Holy Spirit, if the Holy Spirit is not a person and is just God's active force, how can it even be lied to?
- How do you explain the direct correlation made between the Holy Spirit and Jehovah made at Acts 28:25-27 and Isaiah 6:9-10? There is even a cross reference between the two passages in your own Bible. In Acts it says the Holy Spirit spoke, but in Isaiah it says Jehovah spoke.
- How do you explain the direct correlation made between the Holy Spirit and Jehovah made at Hebrews 3:7-11 and Psalms 95:7-11? There are multiple footnotes between the two passages in the NWT. In Hebrews it says the Holy Spirit spoke, but in Psalms it says Jehovah spoke.
- Why does your Bible render the word 'proskuneo' as 'obeisance' in regards to Jesus (eg. Matthew 2:8,11), but as 'worship' in regards to Jehovah and even Satan (eg. Matthew 4:9-10)?
- Why did your translators insert the word 'Son' at Acts 20:28 into the text even though it is nowhere to be found in the original text? Your original 1950 Version of Acts 20:28 included the word 'Son' in brackets, but your current 2013 Version of Acts 20:28 has no brackets or footnotes at all! If properly translated, this would mean God purchased with his OWN blood. Therefore, who would this mean Jesus Christ is?
- Why did the translators of your Bible conveniently fail to insert the word 'Jehovah' in Philippians 2:11, Romans 10:9, and 1 Corinthians 12:3?
- Why does JW artwork consistently show through all the years Jesus with a single nail through his wrist at the time of crucifixion? Scriptures do not say anything about the wrist and John 20:25 says that more than one nail was used for his hands.
- How do you explain Revelation 3:21 and Revelation 22:1-4 where it says there is a single throne that belongs to both Jehovah and Jesus? Also, how do you explain the singular words 'his' and 'him' being used when both Jehovah and Jesus are the subject?
- How do you explain Revelation 5:6 and Revelation 5:13-14 which shows that God, Jesus, and God's Spirit as all receiving the same exact worship at the same exact time?
- Why do you make a big deal out of the invented name 'Jehovah' when your own organization admitted several times that nobody actually knows the true name of God?
- Can you prove that Jehovah is more accurate than another speculation for God's name such as 'Jahoveh' or 'Jahevoh'? Wouldn't these be more accurate considering verses like Revelation 19:1,3,4,6?
- Since Jehovah's Witnesses believe that you cannot truly know someone without knowing their name, doesn't this mean that you don't know your own God then since nobody knows the true name of God?
- We all agree that God is all-powerful and all-knowing. How is it then that God allowed his name to be removed from all biblical manuscripts, making it impossible for people in our day to know his name, but we do know the name of Jesus and it is his name that is above EVERY name (Phil. 2:9) and there is no other name by which we must be saved (Acts 4:12)?
- Why is it that you are called 'Jehovah's Witnesses' but Isaiah 62:2 says God would call his people by a new name (single name, not names) and that new name was already assigned in Acts 11:26?
- Ignoring the deception, lies, and false prophecies of your organization, why is it that you are called 'Jehovah's Witnesses' if you do not even meet the basic criteria defined in the Bible at Isaiah 43:10-12 and Isaiah 44:8?
- Why does Jehovah share his glory with Jesus (eg. John 17:5 & Revelation 5:12-13), but scripture is clear that Jehovah does not share his glory with anyone (eg. Isaiah 42:8 & Isaiah 48:11)?
- How do you explain the 2 Jehovahs stated in Genesis 19:24?
This was removed from your 2013 Bible, but is in prior versions.
Jehovah made it rain sulfur and fire from Jehovah. Which means there are 2 Jehovahs.
By reading the previous context this can be proven too.
For example, Jehovah was physically standing before Abraham in Genesis 18:22.
So the Jehovah that was on Earth called down fire from the Jehovah in heaven.
- How do you explain the 2 Jehovahs at Isaiah 44:6?
- How do you explain the 2 Gods at Amos 4:11?
- If old false teachings can simply be explained away by receiving "new light" then isn't this like the WatchTower setting themselves up to never be wrong or accountable? If so, couldn't this same tactic be used by countless other false religions to also justify their ever-changing beliefs?
- If old false teachings can simply be explained away by receiving "new light", then it is theoretically possible that what you are teaching now may actually be false because in another 5 years or so there can be "new light" again. Since this is the case, wouldn't Jehovah be responsible for spreading false teaching?
The WatchTower will have you believe that there is nowhere else to go other than them. They say they have the only true religion and all other Christians are corrupt. This is a big LIE. There are many other good churches you could be attending. Churches that are actually not boring. Churches that teach right from the Bible without hundreds of supplemental publications that need read. Churches that don't tell you exactly what to read, exactly what to ask yourself, and exactly what the answers to those questions are. If going to Church for fellowship and worship is what you want to do, there are many other alternatives.
Actually, going to Church is not even a requirement to be saved. The WatchTower will have you believe that you need to go to multiple meetings a week at the Kingdom Hall, study, go to field service, and things like this. In reality, a saved Christian will do these works and other works naturally, but not because they are a requirement for salvation. Works like these are evidence of faith one already has. They accompany faith naturally and should never be forced upon someone. Salvation is a free gift from God and Jesus did everything for us by dying for us. If salvation must be worked for, it is no longer free then. This all should not be interpreted as an easy way out though and God's grace is not a license to sin and live however one wants to. See the verses below regarding salvation and good works. You will see biblical proof that the Jehovah's Witnesses over-complicate salvation.
Many Jehovah's Witnesses will simply give up on everything and become spiritually dead once they leave. If you give up like this, the enemy has still won! You would just be jumping from a big lie to something just as bad. To summarize, never give up on God or his Word. Follow the Bible and what it says and don't let a man-made religion tell you otherwise. Please consider the below suggested points and compare them with the verses listed below.
IF YOU LEAVE THE WATCHTOWER, YOU ARE NOT LEAVING GOD, BUT YOU ARE LEAVING A MAN-MADE CORPORATION!
- Make Jesus Christ your Lord and Savior.
- Believe and have faith in the Jesus Christ of the Bible. Not a false Jesus taught by the JWs and Mormons.
- Make it your goal to know Jesus more and more as time goes on.
- Ask for the gift of the Holy Spirit.
- Go get a real Bible that has been translated by real scholars and read it for yourself.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to clear up any parts of the Bible that you don't understand.
- Pray continually and seek God's guidance in life.
- Matthew 11:30 - The yoke of Jesus is easy and light. Being a true Christian should not weigh you down and it should not be hard. Yes, there may be times of persecution, but God will get us through it and true Christians have peace of mind knowing they are secure in Jesus. The Jehovah's Witnesses are weighed down with endless literature that needs studied, multiple meetings a week, field service, and other responsibilities. There is always constant guilt of never doing enough and the ungodly fear of Armageddon.
- John 6:28-29 - Having faith in Jesus is the only work we need to do according to Jesus himself!
- John 13:34-35 - Jesus said that all will know his disciples by the love they have for themselves. Jehovah's Witnesses have a false love. It's a love that only lasts as long as someone keeps going to all the meetings. It's a love that only lasts as long as the JW agrees with everything being taught. As soon as a JW gets busy and stops making it to all the meetings, they will often be gossipped about and called such terms as 'falling away' and 'inactive'. As soon as a JW decides they no longer want to be a part of the organization, they lose all their so-called friends and even family. This is a false love.
- Acts 16:31 - Paul and Silas answered the jailer's question and said plainly that if he believes in the Lord Jesus that he would be saved. It does not say 'first come meet with us and start studying'. It does not say 'take in some knowledge and then go preach with us first'. It does not say a single word about the name Jehovah at all. It says believe in Jesus. It's very simple to understand and not burdensome.
- Romans 10:9 - If you declare with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and have faith that he was raised from the dead then you will be saved. Again, it says nothing about needing to go to meetings, preaching door to door, or any other works.
- Romans 11:6 - God's undeserved kindness (grace) is undeserved and doesn't come from works! You can spend 100 hours a week out in field service and it wouldn't matter. You still wouldn't deserve anything more than a person who spends only 1 hour per week in field service. There are not different degrees of undeserved. Undeserved is always undeserved. This contradicts the Watchtower which has told all JWs that they MUST go out to field service as a requirement for salvation.
- Ephesians 2:8-9 - We are saved by God's undeserved kindness (grace) through faith. We are not saved because of works, but because of a gift from God.
- Titus 3:5 - We are saved because of God's mercy and not because of any good works we did.
- James 1:27 -
The form of worship that God considers clean is to take care of orphans and widows in their time of need and to be without spot from the world.
The Jehovah's Witness religion fails this because they barely even take care of their fellow JWs who are in need.
Helping orphans and widows is something a typical JW would not even think of doing.
The Watchtower even has talked down about charities and recommended that their members not donate to charities.
IMPORTANT NOTE : The Watchtower has intentionally mistranslated this verse to read "form of worship" instead of 'religion'. Look at any reputable Bible and it is translated as 'religion' and not 'form of worship'. They do this to keep people from realizing that they don't need the JW religion at all. The Bible defines the religion that God considers as a clean religion and it is not them, so they simply did what they do best and changed it. At least they have a note at the bottom though.
- 1 John 3:23 - We have only one commandment and that is to have faith in the name of Jesus Christ and to love one another. Notice that the name 'Jehovah' was not even mentioned. Knowing or using the name 'Jehovah' is not a commandment. Going out to field service and working as a slave for a man-made corporation is also not a commandment too.
- 1 John 5:3 - God's commandments are not burdensome. Jehovah's Witnesses, can you honestly say that being a Jehovah's Witness is not burdensome? You are required to go to field service and be free affiliates for the Watchtower. They do not compensate you for your gas money, miles on your car, or for your time. You are required to keep records so you can hand in a monthly report for your field service activity. You are supposed to study endless publications from the Watchtower. You are supposed to attend multiple meetings a week even if you have a hard work schedule or are very busy. You are supposed to perform other actions like commenting at the meetings, preparing and giving 'talks', and so on. Can you honestly say this is not burdensome? Or do you lie to yourself and say that you actually want and like doing these things?
- 1 John 5:12 - Whoever has Jesus, has everlasting life. Whoever does not have Jesus, does not have everlasting life. The Jehovah's Witnesses do not have Jesus because they do not even know him. They do not believe he is God Almighty in the flesh but rather that he is a created being called Michael the Archangel. They believe in a Jesus, but not the biblical Jesus. The average JW also does not believe Jesus is their mediator. Only the special JWs who claim to be the 144000 believe Jesus is their mediator. They also ceremonially reject Jesus once a year at their 'memorial' meeting. They claim that only special Jehovah's Witnesses who are the 144000 can partake of the bread and wine. Which clearly contradicts scripture. Their organization has also intentionally corrupted God's Word in regards to Jesus. So they 100% do not meet the basic requirement stated in 1 John 5:12.
Jehovah's Witnesses are adamant that Jesus died on a 'torture stake' and not a cross. They take Matthew 23:24 to a whole new level. For example, they make a big deal about such a topic, but then teach such things like Jesus is Michael the Archangel! There is more proof from the Bible that he died on a cross than there is for the torture stake. Some of the proof is listed below.
- John 20:25 in the NWT says, "Unless I see in his hands the print of the NAILS". So there was more than 1 nail used for his hands. Hands stretched horizontally to the sides, as would be the case with a cross, would require more than 1 nail.
- Matthew 27:37 in the NWT says, "They also posted ABOVE HIS HEAD the charge against him, in writing". Notice that it doesn't say 'above his hands' or 'above his arms'. Which would have been necessary if his arms were stretched vertically on a torture stake. Rather, it says "above his head" which is completely accurate if his arms were stretched horizontally on a cross.
- John 19:19-20 in the NWT also gives us a clue. It says, "MANY OF THE JEWS READ THIS TITLE, because the place where Jesus was nailed to the stake was NEAR THE CITY, and it was WRITTEN IN HEBREW, IN LATIN, AND IN GREEK". These clues suggest that the sign was big. It is saying that many people read the sign since it was near the city and because it was in multiple languages. It wasn't some little sign that could only be read by the followers of Jesus, the religious rulers, and soldiers who were standing up close to Jesus. It was specifically made so that people in the nearby city or passerby to/from the city could read it. There would have been no point in making a sign in 3 languages only to have it read by the people who were up close to Jesus. So the sign had to be big enough to accomplish the goal of it being read by people of the city, which it sucessfully did according to the verse. It at least had to be big enough to adequately contain the phrase in 3 languages and not only 1. Since the sign had to be a good size, there probably would not have been enough room on the torture stake at the top above his vertically stretched arms. Not unless they had a custom-sized torture stake prepared for him in advance. Which would go against what the Bible says since Jesus was taken at night and he was sent to different locations before his death. The Bible implies that the circumstances leading to his death were in haste. Even the sign had to be prepared on the fly. They were not prepared for all this. So they certainly used the same standard length pieces of wood for Jesus as they did for everyone else. This theory lends evidence that Jesus died on a Cross with arms stretched horizontally. Only arms streteched horizontally would have left plenty of room at the top for the big sign!
The Jehovah's Witnesses consistently illustrate in their artwork Jesus having a single nail through his wrists. Not NAILS as John 20:25 states. Nowhere in scripture is the wrist ever mentioned in regards to the crucifixion of Jesus.
Also, notice how small the text in the sign is. A sign of this size would not be easily readable to anyone other than people standing directly in front of Jesus. The sign was probably much bigger to have more visibility. See point #3 above.
More inaccurate artwork produced by the WatchTower. Notice in both images a single nail through the wrist. Not NAILS. And again, the wrist had nothing to do with this.
Also, notice again such a small sign. In reality, someone who would go to the trouble of having a sign made in 3 languages would not make the sign so small so that it would be hard to see. Also, notice on the left image how there is little room left at the top of the torture stake for a sign. See point #3 above.
Jehovah's Witnesses are obsessed with the name 'Jehovah'. The majority of JWs really think that nobody else knows this name. What they don't realize is that the very foundation of their religion is based on an invented man-made name. Jehovah's Witnesses, please go look at your own literature and see for yourself whether or not this is the truth.
NWT 1950 Edition, Foreword, Page 25 : They admit 'Yahweh' as more correct, admit that they use 'Jehovah' because of people's familiarity with the name, and admit that this familiarity starts from the 14 century!
Here are some other places to check. Jehovah's Witnesses, please check these for yourself in your own library or at your Kingdom Hall's library.
- You Can Live Forever On A Paradise On Earth, page 43 : They admit that we have no way of knowing which vowels are used in God's name. So inventions like 'Johevah' and 'Jehavoh' are both as accurate as Jehovah!
- Aid To Bible Understanding, 1971, pages 884-885 : Starting at the end of page 884 (not shown), they said, "The first recorded use of this form dates from the thirteeth" and then it continues on to page 885 (shown). There the WatchTower goes on to admit that the word 'Jehovah' was invented by a Spanish Monk in the 13 century.
- May 1, 1978 Watchtower, page 12 : The WatchTower admits that nobody even knows the correct pronunciation of God's name. They make such a big deal out of knowing God's name, yet it is impossible for them to pronounce it. They could just as easily be called 'Yahweh's Witnesses' or some other variant.
- December 1, 1983 Watchtower, page 5 : The WatchTower once again admits that nobody even knows the correct pronunciation of God's name.
The Jehovah's Witnesses believe that the Holy Spirit is not God and that it is an 'it' and not a person. They believe it is just God's active force, similar to electricity. These are all lies. See some proof from their own Bible that the Holy Spirit is God.
- Romans 8:11 : Here it says the SPIRIT RAISED JESUS. However, the Bible elsewhere clearly says that GOD RAISED JESUS. See Acts 2:24, Acts 2:32, Acts 3:15, Acts 3:26, Acts 4:10, Acts 5:30, Acts 10:40, Acts 13:30-37, Romans 4:24, Romans 6:4, Romans 10:9, 1 Corinthians 6:14, Galations 1:1, Ephesians 1:17-20, Colossians 2:12, and 1 Peter 1:21.
- John 4:24 : John 4:24 from the New World Translation says God is a Spirit. Take note of the capital 'S' which indicates it is a noun. The verse also has a footnote pointing to 2 Corinthians 3:17.
- 2 Corinthians 3:17 : 2 Corinthians 3:17 from the NWT clearly shows that Jehovah is 'the Spirit'. Notice it is with a capital 'S' too. The Spirit is the spirit of Jehovah. There is also a footnote pointing back to John 4:24. How much clearer could this possibly be???
- Acts 5:3-4 : Ananias lied to the Holy Spirit in verse 3. Then in verse 4 it says he lied to God! Therefore, the Holy Spirit is God. Anyways, if the Holy Spirit is not a person and it is just an 'it', how can it even be lied to?
- Acts 28:25-27 : Paul quotes the Old Testament from Isaiah. Paul says the Holy Spirit said this. There is a footnote in the NWT pointing to Isaiah 6:9-10. It is clear from verse 8 that Jehovah said this. Therefore, the Holy Spirit is Jehovah!
- Hebrews 3:7-11 : There is a quote from the Old Testament. The quote is taken from Psalms. The NWT has multiple footnotes pointing back to Psalms 95:7-11. In Hebrews it says the Holy Spirit said it, but in Psalms Jehovah said it. Therefore, the Holy Spirit is Jehovah.
The Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe in the concept of the Trinity. It is not possible for them to believe since they reject Jesus Christ as being God and they reject the Holy Spirit as being God. Their Bible has been perverted to deceive everyone, but there are still places they failed to change or remove. See the other sections in this website for proof that Jesus and the Holy Spirit are both God. This specific topic though will deal with the plurality of God. There are many verses proving this concept, but the JW's will explain them saying God is talking about Angels or something similar. The below examples are ones they have no answers for or would at least have a hard time explaining away. All this comes right from the New World Translation by the WatchTower!
- Genesis 19:24 - Jehovah made it rain sulfur and fire from Jehovah. There are 2 Jehovah's here.
By reading the previous context this can be proven too. For example, Jehovah was physically standing before Abraham in Genesis 18:22.
So the Jehovah that was on Earth called down fire from the Jehovah in heaven. Jehovah is plural God according to the New World Translation.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You will need to go to a version prior to their 2013 version to prove this! They changed both Genesis 18:22 and Genesis 19:24 in their 2013 New World Translation. Both verses have had thought changes performed. For Genesis 18:22, they changed it from Jehovah physically standing before Abraham to Jehovah simply remaining with Abraham. Which could be then interpreted to mean that only Jehovah's presence was with Abraham, but not he himself. They don't want people realizing that Jehovah was in two different places at the same time. And for Genesis 19:24, they changed it from two Jehovah's to one Jehovah.
- Isaiah 42:8 - Jehovah shares his glory with no one! This is confirmed in Isaiah 48:11. So it is perfectly clear that Jehovah shares his glory with no one. However, Jesus received God's glory. See John 17:5 where Jesus requested glorification from God and claimed he shared in God's glory before. Also, according to Revelation 5:12-13, the Lamb (Jesus) received glory and worship alongside God. The Bible is not full of contradictions and lies. God is plural and Jesus himself is God too!
- Isaiah 44:6 - There are 2 Jehovah's in this verse. Yet, they are both one and referred to as the 'first and the last'.
- Amos 4:11 - Jehovah is speaking and he says "Like God's overthrow of Sodom and Gomorrah".
- John 10:30 - Jesus and God the Father are one.
- John 12:45 - Whoever has seen Jesus has seen the one (Jehovah God) who sent him.
- John 14:8-9 - Philip wanted to see the Father because he still didn't get the point of what Jesus had just said. Jesus answered back in a way to show that Philip's statement was dull. He plainly said that whoever has saw Jesus has seen the Father.
- Revelation 3:21 - Both Jehovah and Jesus sit on the same throne.
- Revelation 5:6 - God's Spirit is present with the Lamb in verse 6. Continue reading to Revelation 5:13-14 and it shows Jehovah and the Lamb receiving worship. So we can see that God's Spirit (Holy Spirit), the Lamb (Jesus), and Jehovah (God the Father) are receiving the exact same worship, at the same exact time, from the same exact elders.
- Revelation 22:1-4 - There is a single throne occupied by both Jehovah and Jesus at the same time. The singular words 'him' and 'his' are used even though Jehovah and the Lamb (Jesus) are mentioned. Verse 4 has a cross reference back to Revelation 3:21 which also mentions both Jehovah and Jesus sitting on the same throne.
The Jehovah's Witnesses often use invalid arguments in debating. Some of their same arguments can even be used against them to prove they are wrong. Some examples of these invalid arguments are below.
- Jesus cannot be God because he is the Son.
Saying Jesus cannot be God because he is the 'Son of God' is the same as saying Jesus cannot be man since he is the 'Son of Man'. Anyways, human logic is not the final authority. The Bible, which is God's Word, is the final authority.
- Jesus cannot be God since he is the 'firstborn' (Colossians 1:15)
1) Firstborn here does not mean born first. It is a term related to position, authority, and status. The Bible has the term 'firstborn' in other verses and it has nothing to do with being born (created) first. For example, David was firstborn, but he was actually the last born. Another example is how Jacob was the firstborn, but he actually was not born first. The context of Colossians itself proves this point. It is talking about Christ's Supremacy. Of course, the Watchtower knows all this and it is why they have perverted this text by adding the word 'other' multiple times in Colossians chapter 1.
2) The term 'firstborn' was used in a prophecy about Jesus located in Psalms. See Psalms 89:27 where it says David would be placed as firstborn even after he already existed. Psalms 89 has it's final fulfillment with Jesus Christ himself! Jesus, who is in the line of David, is the king of kings, he is the ruler over all the kings of the earth, and he will rule forever. So Jesus, who is in the line of David and who fulfilled the prophecy about David, had the term firstborn placed on him and it has nothing to do with him being created. Psalms 89 also agrees with point 1 above because it links the term firstborn with position, authority, and status.
3) The term 'firstborn' can also apply to Jesus because he literally is the Son of God born by the Holy Spirit (God). See Romans 8:29 where it says Jesus would be firstborn among many brothers. It's talking about humans here. Again, this verse has nothing to do with Jesus being created. The term here is in reference to his Earthly life. He was born by the Spirit just like we too are all to be born by the Spirit in his likeness.
4) The term 'firstborn' in Revelation 1:5 is linked to Jesus death as a human. It says "firstborn from the dead". Again, it has nothing to do with being born or created. This verse also agrees with point 1 above and links the term 'firstborn' with position, authority, and status since it says Jesus is the Ruler of the kings of the Earth.
- Jesus cannot be God because he never said he is God.
Jesus never said he is Michael the Archangel. Jesus never even said directly he is the Son of God, but we all know he is.
- The 'Trinity' cannot be true since it has pagan history.
So does the Jehovah's Witness religion! Look at your own religion before using this argument. If Charles Taze Russell was alive today, he would be disfellowshipped in a heartbeart. This argument is simply invalid because Satan likes to mimic and counterfeit God. Of course, he will take a Biblical concept and twist it to mislead others later. It's what he does.
- The 'Trinity' cannot be true because the word never appears in the Bible.
Neither do many words we use. Are the words 'Kingdom Hall' or 'Theocratic Ministry School' in the Bible? The word 'Trinity' is just a word that everybody is familiar with. What is important is the CONCEPT of the trinity. The concept of the trinity is clearly in the Bible.
- You are wrong because we have the truth!
Jehovah's Witnesses, just because you hear how you have the truth a thousand times per year doesn't make it the truth. The Jehovah's Witness religion has bad history, has made false prophecies, has perverted God's word, and has been deceptive. For each of the 4 reasons just mentioned, there is biblical proof that it is IMPOSSIBLE for you to be the true religion.
- We have the most accurate Bible translation in existence.
Your own Kingdom Interlinear Translation proves in multiple places how the WatchTower has intentionally altered scripture to fit their teachings. Your prior Bible versions can also prove the same thing when compared to the new 2013 version. Furthermore, the so-called translators remain secret to this day. When asked why this is the case, a JW will say it is to keep glory from going to the translators. Which is an excuse. The names of more important Jehovah's Witnesses do not remain secret. For example, the governing body members are all known. The so-called translators are the only ones that remain secret. You can take any well known Bible and you can find the translators responsible. For example, the new NET Bible has a list of professional scholars and translators with their actual names, credentials, and education. The NET includes more than 29000 translation notes to explain why verses were translated the way they were. This is complete transparency. Unlike the New World Translation which is secretive and deceptive.
- Jesus is 'Mighty God' but not 'Almighty God'
First, this contradicts multiple scriptures like Isaiah 44:6-8 which clearly says there is only one God and there is no other God. So 'Mighty God' and 'Almighty God' must be referring to the same God if the scriptures are true. Secondly, Jehovah himself in your own Bible is called 'Mighty God'. See Isaiah 10:20-21 which is only one chapter after Isaiah 9:6 which calls Jesus 'Mighty God'.
- You cannot know someone unless you know their name.
By your own admission then, you don't know your own God. According to your own Watchtower organization, they do not know God's name and say it is impossible for anyone to know God's true name. There is a section on this website dedicated to this topic. Therefore, you are admitting that you don't truly know your own God.
The Bible shows us that it is possible to know God without knowing his name. See Exodus 6:2-4 where it says that Jehovah appeared to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, but he never revealed his name to them. Yet, not only did they know him, but God made a covenant with them!
Secondly, all one needs to do is consider some real life situations to know that it is certainly possible to know someone without knowing their name. Would a father accept his child calling him by his first name? Most likely not. A formal title such as 'Father', 'Papa', 'Dad', or 'Daddy' would be acceptable though. Does this mean the child does not know his own father? Absolutely not!
Or let's say you went to school with someone for years during childhood. Years later, you see that person at the supermarket from the distance and say "I know him". You can recall childhood memories in great detail of playing together at school and talking with that person. Yet, you no longer can remember the person's name! You still know the person though.
Or let's say someone gets a legal name change. You could know a person intimately for years, but if they were to get their name changed, it would not prevent you from knowing that person and it doesn't mean you would know that person any less.
Another real life example is when someone goes by a false name or a nick name. You could know someone for years and call them by a name that is not actually their real name. It would not mean you never knew the person or know the person any less.
- Matthew 6:9 proves we need to pray to God in his personal name.
First, if this prayer is to be taken as instruction for praying to the Father in his personal name, then why didn't Jesus do this himself? He did not do this, but only ever said "Father". Considering this is a model prayer, Jesus failed to do the job, if JW logic is true.
Secondly, Jesus prayed that the Father's name be sanctified or hallowed depending on what translation you use. This means to be made set apart or more holy. That's all the text says. Jesus doesn't say how this will happen or who will do this. Actually, this had already happened on Earth and the prayer was for the continuation of this. We know that the Jews considered this name so holy that they were afraid to even use it. So the prayer was for the continuation of this just like he showed us to pray for other things we already have like receiving daily bread. Taking the text of this verse and saying this means we need to use God's personal name in prayer is a twisting of text. The text simply doesn't say this.
Lastly, the Bible clearly says what name is above every name and by what name we are to be saved. That name is Jesus! There are multiple verses to prove this. Which the JW religion has purposely changed by doing things like adding the word 'other' where it doesn't belong. Also, read the other section of this website about the name Jehovah. You will see that this is an invented name and nobody knows the Father's real name. The JWs just use this name to set themselves as different from other religions. It serves as company branding for their corporation.
- We are the only true worshippers of Jehovah!
Do you mean how you sit through multiple boring meetings a week and day dream about what you will do when it's all over? Or maybe you mean how you force yourself to go out in field service to 'help' spiritually vulnerable people, but avoid even answering simple questions from people who know their Bible? Or maybe you mean how you read endless Watchtower publications that have ever-changing teachings? This is NOT true worship. And it is so sad if you think God, who is all-powerful and all-knowing, would be pleased with such things.
The Bible defines what God accepts as true worship. For example, James 1:27. Jehovah's Witnesses fail this. Do you help those hungry in your community? No, you do not. However, those you call 'Christendom' offer free food and other help to anyone in need. Many people can just walk up to a church and be handed a meal without ever even being for identification! Jehovah's Witnesses barely even help people in their own congregation. Even when there are natural disasters in the world, Jehovah's Witnesses send help, but it is only in return for something. That is, more recognition and more conversions. And those they help are mainly fellow JWs anyways.
According to John 4:24, God wants us to worship in spirit and truth. Jehovah's Witnesses fail this as well. You do not believe that the Holy Spirit is God. You do not believe that they Holy Spirit is even alive. You do not believe that we should be filled with the Holy Spirit. Secondly, you do not have the truth because your truth has been evolving since the very beginning. What you consider as truth now, may be false in another year or so. You do not even read a true Bible. Your so-called Bible has been made by secret translators who cannot even be investigated. Your Bible disagrees with so many translations made by real scholars and real translators. Your Bible itself has been evolving from the beginning. It is biased and deceptive without a doubt.
Your organization is guilty of changing God's Word, making false prophecies, and lying. There is absolutely no way you truly worship God.
The Jehovah's Witnesses do not believe Jesus was physically resurrected. They believe that Jesus' body dissolved into gases and disappeared or they believe his body was taken by Jehovah in some other strange way. Then they believe that he was later recreated as a spirit creature. They will use certain verses to back up these beliefs, but deny the true meaning of the verses they use. While doing so, they contradict other scriptures. Below is a list of scriptures that prove Jesus was physically resurrected.
- John 2:19-21
Jesus told the Jews that if they destroyed this temple that he would raise it again in 3 days. The ‘temple’ is then defined plainly as his BODY. So Jesus said that he himself would raise his own BODY. This verse is the the most devastating to a JW. First, it means it is impossible for Jesus to have been recreated since it clearly says Jesus raised himself. He had to be existing for it to be possible to raise his own body. Secondly, it proves his resurrection was physical. Lastly, it proves Jesus is God.
- Luke 24:39
Jesus plainly tells them to touch him and he said plainly that a SPIRIT DOES NOT HAVE flesh and bones as he has. Jesus could not have been any more clearer. Apparently, JWs think they know better than Jesus about what state he was in.
- John 20:25-27
Thomas did not believe Jesus had been resurrected. Jesus later appeared to him and told him to physically TOUCH him. If Jesus was a spirit creature, it would be impossible for him to be touched.
- Luke 24:42-43
Jesus literally ATE FOOD. A spirit creature cannot eat food.
- 1 Corinthians 15:14-17
It says that if Jesus has not been raised that our faith is in vain. And it says if Jesus has not been raised that our faith is worthless. Notice it does not say if Jesus has not been 'recreated' that our faith is in vain and worthless. It specifically says "RAISED" which means the body he died in was resurrected. Just like when Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead, it was a physical resurrection. The scripture even compares Jesus being raised to the dead being raised! So Jesus was raised in the same method as all other dead are raised.
- Matthew 28:9
People physically GRABBED his feet and worshipped him.
The Jehovah's Witnesses deny that Jesus is eternal. They believe that when Jesus died that he totally ceased to exist. So they say it wasn't only his body that died, but his entire being died. They believe in unbiblical theories such as Jesus' body dissolving into gases and disappearing. After this, they claim Jesus was later recreated as a spirit creature. All of this is unbiblical. Below are the scriptures to prove that Jesus never ceased to exist and was never recreated.
- Psalms 110:4
Jesus is a priest FOREVER.
- Isaiah 9:6
Not only does this verse say Jesus is GOD, but it says he is EVERLASTING.
- Matthew 28:20
Jesus said, "I am with you ALL THE DAYS until the conclusion of the system of things". It doesn't say almost all the days and it doesn't say all the days except for 3. All the days means all the days!
- John 2:19-21
Jesus told the Jews that if they destroyed this temple that HE would raise it again in 3 days. The ‘temple’ is then defined plainly as his BODY. So Jesus said that he himself would raise his own BODY. These verses are devastating to a JW. First, it means it is impossible for Jesus to have been recreated since it clearly says Jesus raised himself. He had to be existing for it to be possible to raise his own body. Secondly, it proves his resurrection was physical. Lastly, it proves Jesus is God.
- John 12:34
Even THE JEWS KNEW from Old Testament scripture that Jesus would remain forever! Apparently, the Jews knew scripture better than Jehovah's Witnesses do.
- John 8:35
Referring to himself, he told the Jews that the son remains FOREVER.
- 1 John 1:2
Jesus is referred to as the EVERLASTING LIFE that was with the Father and made manifest to us.
- Hebrews 5:6
This is a reference back to the old testament about Jesus being a priest FOREVER.
- Hebrews 7:3
Referring to Jesus, it says "NOR AN END OF LIFE" and also "FOR ALL TIME"!
- Hebrews 7:16
Referring to Jesus, it says "INDESTRUCTIBLE LIFE"!
- Hebrews 7:17
This is a reference back to the old testament about Jesus being a priest FOREVER.
- Hebrews 7:21
Jehovah swore an oath that Jesus would be a priest FOREVER. The JWs make Jehovah a liar here because they say Jesus ceased to exist for some time which is not the same as 'forever'!
- Hebrews 13:8
It says Jesus is the same yesterday, today, and FOREVER. Ceasing to exist and needing recreated simply contradicts this scripture.
The Jehovah's Witnesses are a brainwashed people who are under mental and spiritual bondage. The Jehovah's Witnesses are victims of the WatchTower organization. They will of course deny all of this. However, some proof is below.
- Feb 15, 1981 Watchtower, Page 19
Jehovah's Witnesses are taught to have full confidence in the channel God is using and to accept their spiritual food without question. They are taught that there is nowhere else to go besides them for scriptural guidance.
- Jan 15, 1983 Watchtower, Page 27
Jehovah's Witnesses are taught not to be independent thinkers!
- March 1, 1983 Watchtower, Page 25
The mind of a Jehovah's Witness is directed by the organization!
- March 1, 1983 Watchtower, Page 25
They are taught that anyone who opposes the organization cannot succeed. Drilling this concept into their heads enhances their control over the Jehovah's Witnesses. Jehovah's Witnesses think there is nowhere else to go other than the organization. And they think no matter what they would ever do later without the organization, it would be a failure. Anyone who has attended their meetings for a while can tell you this is what they really think.
- May 1, 1984 Watchtower, Page 31
Jehovah's Witnesses are not allowed to read any other literature. They will ask that you read theirs, but they do not do the same in return. They have a false truth that cannot withstand any scrutiny. In reality, the real truth can withstand any amount of scrutiny or questioning. Someone who really knows the truth could read other literature all day long and it would make no difference. If anything, Jehovah's Witnesses who read other literature would be better prepared in their ministry. The more knowledge they would have of other religions then the better they would be in dealing with members of other religions and helping those people to leave. And Jehovah's Witnesses who read other literature would be JWs who are more reinforced in their beliefs and understand more why they believe in what they believe. Only an organization that has something to hide would not allow their members to read other literature and think freely.
- May 15, 1984 Watchtower, Page 17
Jehovah's Witnesses are not supposed to listen to any criticism of their religion. Jehovah's Witnesses are also not allowed to criticize or complain about their religion. Those who do such things despise Jehovah's teaching and may be considered rebels. These are just more examples of the fear tactics the WatchTower organization uses in keeping control over their members.
- Multiple Meetings (indoctrination sessions)
The Jehovah's Witnesses meet together at least 2 times per week every week. During these meetings, a Jehovah's Witness will be exposed to very boring 'talks' and study of their literature. The most well known of these meetings is the study of the WatchTower magazine. The Jehovah's Witness is expected to study this in advance in preparation for the meeting and when they get to the meeting they study it again. The JW is told what to read, what questions to ask, and what the answers to the questions are. There is little room for deviation. If someone has a question or is confused, the person will be told to wait until after the meeting to talk with an elder. The above meetings do not even include meetings together for 'field service' and other special meetings like their circuit assemblies, district assemblies, and yearly memorial meeting. A JW's life is burdensome and they are kept very busy. That is what all these meetings are designed to do. With little time left over, a JW will not have the time or energy left to question anything or think freely. The meetings also indoctrinate their members with all the boring repetition.
- Endless Publications (indoctrination material)
The Jehovah's Witnesses are subjected to an endless amount of new publications. They are expected to read and study them all as well. Or as much as humanly possible. The most well known of these publications is the WatchTower magazine. Inside this magazine, the JW is told what questions to ask themselves and what the answers to the questions are. The magazine is very repetitive year-to-year or even month-to-month. The same information is drilled into the JW mind over and over again. It is not uncommmon to talk to a JW that will unknowingly recite parts of their literature from memory.
This section provides supplemental proof that Jesus is Jehovah God. If you haven't already done so, go read the 'Proof Jesus Is God Almighty' section first. This section will show examples that both Jesus and Jehovah are called by the same titles. Which can only be possible if Jesus is God Almighty.
- Deuteronomy 10:17 - This verse shows from the old testament that JEHOVAH IS LORD OF LORDS. However, according to Revelation 17:14, JESUS IS LORD OF LORDS. There can only be one Lord of Lords. Jesus must be Jehovah if scripture is not to contradict itself.
- Hosea 13:4 - This verse clearly says that JEHOVAH IS SAVIOR. This is confirmed also in Isaiah 45:21. However, Jesus is called Savior many times in the Bible. For example, at 2 Peter 1:1 it clearly says JESUS IS SAVIOR.
- Isaiah 10:21 - This verse shows that JEHOVAH IS MIGHTY GOD. However, just a single chapter prior to this in the same book at Isaiah 9:6, JESUS IS MIGHTY GOD.
- Isaiah 44:6 - This verse clearly says JEHOVAH IS THE FIRST AND THE LAST. Compare this to the reference they have for Revelation 22:13. Here it says JESUS IS THE FIRST AND THE LAST They even have a reference pointing back to Isaiah 44:6.
- Isaiah 44:6 - This verse shows from the old testament that JEHOVAH IS THE KING OF ISRAEL. However, according to John 1:49, JESUS IS THE KING OF ISRAEL. There can only be one King of Israel.
- Isaiah 44:8 - This verse shows from the old testament that JEHOVAH IS THE ROCK. However, according to 1 Corinthians 10:4, JESUS IS THE ROCK. This is even confirmed in 1 Peter 2:8 and Romans 9:33.
- 1 John 1:5 - This verse shows that GOD IS LIGHT. This is confirmed in other verses as well. For example, Psalms 27:1. However, according to John 1:9, JESUS IS LIGHT.
- Revelation 1:7-8 - Every JW believes that JEHOVAH IS ALMIGHTY God. However, here JESUS IS ALMIGHTY too. We know it is Jesus because in verse 7 it says he was pierced. Jesus was the one that was pierced. Also, it says that the one who was pierced is coming and then it says the Almighty is coming. Now, compare to Revelation 22:13. Jesus identifies himself as the 'Alpha and Omega' which in Rev. 1:8 clearly says is Jehovah. It also says Jesus is coming. The entire context around Rev. 22:13 is about Jesus! So it is clear that Jesus is God Almighty. Even the original Jehovah's Witnesses were taught that the 'Almighty' in Rev. 1:8 was Jesus himself. See the Watchtower April 15 1893 for an example.
- Psalms 23:1 - According to this verse, JEHOVAH IS SHEPHERD. This is confirmed in Ezekiel 34:11-16. However, according to John 10:11, JESUS IS SHEPHERD. This is also confirmed in Hebrews 13:20 and Rev. 7:17.
Jehovah's Witnesses take much pride in their name. They claim that their name has been derived from the Bible. What JWs don't know is that the very verses they use to explain their name, are exactly the same verses that prove they cannot be Jehovah's Witnesses. The Bible defines who are God's Witnesses and according to the Bible, it is impossible for them to be Jehovah's Witnesses!
- Isaiah 43:10-12 - According to these verses, JWs cannot be Jehovah's Witnesses for 2 reasons.
- The Bible says there has never been any other God formed!
Jehovah's Witnesses believe that the first of God's creations was Jesus.
After Jesus physically died, they believe that God recreated Jesus.
So according to them he was formed TWICE.
According to them, Jesus is 'a god', 'a God', and even 'Mighty God'.
So they believe a God was formed which directly contradicts these verses.
RESULT = FAIL
- The Bible says besides Jehovah there is no Savior!
Jehovah's Witnesses claim that Jesus is our Savior.
Since they believe Jesus is not God Almighty, this means they have more than one Savior which directly contradicts these verses.
RESULT = FAIL
- The Bible says there has never been any other God formed! Jehovah's Witnesses believe that the first of God's creations was Jesus. After Jesus physically died, they believe that God recreated Jesus. So according to them he was formed TWICE. According to them, Jesus is 'a god', 'a God', and even 'Mighty God'. So they believe a God was formed which directly contradicts these verses.
- Isaiah 44:8 - According to this verse, JWs cannot be Jehovah's Witnesses for 2 reasons.
- The Bible says there is no other God!
Jehovah's Witnesses believe that Jesus is 'a god', 'a God', or even 'Mighty God', but not God himself.
So they believe in multiple God's.
Which directly contradicts this scripture.
RESULT = FAIL
- The Bible says there is no Rock besides Jehovah!
Jehovah's Witnesses say that Jesus is also our Rock when confronted with scriptures such as 1 Corinthians 10:4, 1 Peter 2:8, and Romans 9:33.
Which directly contradicts the Bible.
RESULT = FAIL
- The Bible says there is no other God! Jehovah's Witnesses believe that Jesus is 'a god', 'a God', or even 'Mighty God', but not God himself. So they believe in multiple God's. Which directly contradicts this scripture.